More than a full-tuition scholarship, the BGSU Alumni Laureate Scholarship is a distinctive, prestigious program funded by our most generous alumni in order to provide recipients with eight uninterrupted Fall and Spring semesters of support from caring mentors. Mentors who will challenge you to broaden your perspective, prioritize your goals, network with alumni and professional contacts, and frame your success through the values of leadership and service.
About the scholarship
The scholarship currently covers the cost of any educational expenses up to the cost of full-time in-state undergraduate tuition, for eight uninterrupted fall and spring semesters, and includes a $1,000 book award each year. Receipt of the scholarship is contingent upon continuously meeting program criteria and expectations as set by the Program Advisor.
The program allows students to take part in leadership workshops, community engagement activities, and meetings with university, community and alumni leaders and volunteers. The ALS program also includes cohort meetings and regular interaction with the Honors College staff and program adviser.
Applicants must be incoming, first-time students enrolled at BGSU who demonstrate a commitment to leadership and community service. Applicants must also:
- Apply to BGSU main campus prior to 11:59pm on January 15, 2021
- Submit a completed Honors College application prior to 11:59pm on January 15, 2021.
- Hold a 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on January 15, 2021
- Score a minimum of 27 (composite) on the ACT or combined score of 1280 on the SAT on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on January 15, 2021
- Be available to participate in selection weekend
- Financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement to apply
- It is strongly encouraged that applicants complete a FAFSA form, listing BGSU as one of the schools that should receive the data from the form. Any questions about the FAFSA should be directed to your guidance counselor or the BGSU Student Financial Aid Office (419-372-2651).
Apply to the Honors College here: