Design for Social Good Apply Here
July 21 - 24, 2020
Are you interested in graphic design? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Presented by the Division of Graphic Design at BGSU, Graphic Design Camp provides high school students like you with foundational skills in graphic design and career advice for thriving in today’s collaborative work environment. BGSU’s Graphic Design Camp allows campers to get a peek into BGSU’s award-winning graphic design program.
Students will be exposed to a college design studio, the digital and physical tools designers use to make their work. This camp is an excellent introduction for those students who are eager to learn more about digital tools, project design, and visual expression. At Graphic Design Camp campers are introduced to graphic design and the design thinking process through college-style lectures and activities with BGSU graphic design professors.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Learn about the Design Thinking process
- Utilize digital and physical making tools of the industry
- Discover how design connects and informs our experiences and behaviors
- Tackle a real world problem through collaborative and individual outputs
- Apply art and design making skills to visually communicate ideas
- Develop skills in visual and verbal presentation
- Present their design project in a final showcase.
Who can attend?
Students entering 10th, 11th, & 12th grade, who are interested in using graphic design to make a difference! Anyone from eager beginner to more experienced designer is welcome.
What does the cost cover?
The camp cost of $445 (*camperships available) dollars covers all lodging, meal and program expenses. The cost also covers take home materials such as a camp book bag, water bottle and t-shirt along with camp counselor coverage (day/night) throughout the program.