The Faculty First Generation Discussion Group is for BGSU faculty who are first generation college graduates. The initial aim of these discussions will be to build a community of first generation college faculty who support one another at BGSU. The group will meet once per month during the spring semester and will focus on:
1. Getting to know other first generation faculty/forming a network.
2. Understanding the current research on how faculty best support first generation college students.
3. Exploring other universities' approaches.
4. Brainstorming ideas for making BGSU a top-performing institution for first generation college students.
5. Developing a plan to expand a campus presence during AY 2019-20.
All meetings will be held in 106 Olscamp Hall from 11:00am to 12:30 pm.