Generation Falcon Summer Program
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
All Residence Halls
- Add to your calendar:
FREE summer program for first-generation students. Pre-registration is required.
Being a first-generation student is a significant accomplishment. This milestone is something every student should be proud of but preparing for college can come with a lot of mixed emotions.
WHO IS A FIRST GENERATION STUDENT? A student whose parent(s) have not earned a Bachelor's Degree.
This Free program is designed to make the transition into University life as smooth as possible for the student and their family. Throughout the four-day program, participants will:
- Identify campus support resources
- Learn communication and collaboration skills that will lead to positive community engagement
- Identify personal skills and prospects to connect those skills to academic and co-curricular opportunities at Bowling Green State University – Students
- Gain knowledge of University processes and parent resources at Bowling Green State University – Parents/Guardians
Move-In Day: Sunday, Aug. 19
Arrival Time: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. - Program participants choose when they arrive during this time but need to be moved-in by 11:30 a.m. in order to be ready for the program to begin.
- Roads will not be blocked off on this move-in day. Disregard the color route on your move-in guide.
- Residence Life staff will be available to assist with move-in but it will be much lighter than any other day because this group is the first to move in.
- There will not be a trolley or extra transportation running from the parking lot back to the residence halls.
- There will be a lot of walking. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for any weather.