About this Event
20 lucky winners will get to pick a room in the residence hall of their choice room selection officially begins for themself AND a roommate of their choice!
That's up to 40 winners – and the earlier you sign your housing agreement, the more chances you have to win!
[HOW TO ENTER]
- Sign the 2022-23 Housing & Dining Agreement between Jan. 4-April 30, 2023.
- You must be a new student admitted for the Fall 2023 Semester to qualify.
- The month you sign your Housing & Dining Agreement determines how many entries you have into the contest. Each month five winners will be selected.
- Jan. 4-31 = 4 total entries
- Feb. 1-28 = 3 total entries
- March 1-31 = 2 total entries
- April 1-30 = 1 total entry
COMPLETE YOUR HOUSING AGREEMENT TODAY ➔
If you win, you can pick a bed in Centennial Hall, Conklin Hall, Kohl Hall, Kreischer or Offenhauer Towers – for yourself and one new BGSU student of your choice.
New students who wish to live in Founders Hall must be members of the Honors Learning Community. Because of this, Founders Hall will not be available to select through this giveaway.
[HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE]
The randomized drawing will occur by the third day of each month up until May 3. The Office of Residence Life will reach out to each winner through BGSU email and the phone number on file (make sure you have your voicemail box set up!). If a winner doesn't respond within 24 hours, their right to the prize will be forfeited, and a new winner will be selected.
Upon accepting the prize by picking a room before standard room selection, winners agree to participate in social media and other marketing efforts to promote the giveaway.
When contacted, the Office of Residence Life will discuss with each winner how to select a room for themself and their chosen roommate.
- Students are not required to have their $200 initial housing payment made to be eligible to win. However, before any student can be assigned to a room, the initial housing payment must be paid.
- The additional student who is pulled into the room by a winner must have their housing and meal plan agreement signed and paid their $200 initial payment at the time of the room selection. They must also be a new incoming student admitted at BGSU to qualify.
- This prize does not offer any discount on the housing rate, and each student assigned to a room through this giveaway will be responsible for the full payment of the room in accordance with their student bill. Cancellations to the agreement by May 1, 2023, will receive a 100% refund and will not be billed. Cancelations after May 1, 2023, will be granted in accordance with the forfeiture schedule.
- If the winner does not submit an eligible student to be their roommate by the Office of Residence Life deadline, the remaining space will be forfeited.
- Once a student has won one of the 20 prizes, they will no longer be eligible to win the remaining prizes for this giveaway. Students who have agreed to be the roommate of one of the winners will also not be eligible.
- The beds selected by the winner and their roommate must be assigned to the same building. Any student who is assigned to a room through this giveaway does not have the right to their room assignment. If one of the students decides to do a room change into a different room/building or cancels their contract, the vacant bed will open up to standard room selection, and a random roommate may be assigned.
- Returning students who will be enrolled full-time at BGSU are not eligible to win.
- The Office of Residence Life is not responsible for prize notifications being marked as spam, junk or otherwise hidden from the recipient.