Pre-Law Camp Applications Open Dec. 1st
June 21 - 26, 2020
Are you interested in law and what it takes to become a lawyer? Can you picture yourself in front of a courtroom? Then start your journey now with the BGSU’s Pre-Law Camp and experience what it is like to be a part of the legal community. At Pre-Law Camp you’ll have the chance to hear from law students, law professors, and other legal professionals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines within the field including criminal law, corporate law, and public interest law. Campers will learn about legal concepts and language, explore a law library, and test their skills in a mock trial event.
Returning campers welcome as the camp has been redesigned for its third year!
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Prepare for a career in law by learning the basics of the legal profession
- Visit the Wood County Law Library and the historic Wood County Courthouse
- Connect with BGSU Alums and those practicing in alternative areas of law
- Meet with forensic experts and tour the Bowling Green Bureau of Criminal Investigation Lab
- Visit BGSU’s educational Crime Scene Building
- Showcase their newfound skills by participating in an interactive mock trial experience trying a case
- Experience what life on a college campus is like
- Visit State and Federal buildings
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade in the fall of 2020.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $595 dollars (camperships possible) covers all lodging, meals, transportation for field trips and take home materials such as a camp book bag, water bottle and t-shirt. The cost provides camp counselor and chaperone coverage (day/night) throughout the program.