Pre-Law Virtual Academy (Virtual)
June 28 - July 2 2021 APPLY NOW
Are you interested in law and what it takes to become a lawyer? Can you picture yourself in front of a courtroom? Then start your journey now with the BGSU’s Pre-Law Camp and experience what it is like to be a part of the legal community. At Pre-Law Camp you’ll have the chance to hear from law students, law professors, and other legal professionals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines within the field including criminal law, corporate law, and public interest law. Campers will learn about legal concepts and language, explore a law library, and test their skills in a mock trial event.
Returning campers welcome as the camp has been redesigned for its fourth year!
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Ever wonder what taking an online college course would be like, explore the BGSU Pre Law Virtual Academy and find out.
- Course led by BGSU Faculty, Pre-Law Students, and BGSU Pre-Law graduates
- Prepare for a career in law by learning the basics of the legal profession
- Participant in a Mock Trial
- Talk with State and Federal Judges
- Watch a live federal proceeding
- Learn how to research cases and prepare documents
- Dig Deeper into the movie Dark Waters Movie and learn more about the real Ohio Case
- Meet virtually with forensic experts and learn about their role within a case
- Learn about Criminal & Civil Cases, timelines and components
Who can attend?
For students entering 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2021 and current 2021 High School Graduates.
What does the cost cover?
- Webinar Virtual Academy & Course Kit: $175