About this Event
The Safe Zone workshop promotes awareness of LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer +) people. The workshop provides education concerning LGBTQ+ issues and seeks to improve the environment for LGBTQ+ people. This workshop helps to build a support network of allies for the BGSU LGBTQ+ community.
Workshop goals and learning objectives include:
- To increase awareness of LGBTQ+ people and issues.
- To help build a visible support network of LGBTQ+ allies on BGSU's campus.
- To introduce working definitions of LGBTQ+ terminology, symbols, and flags and to clarify misconceptions.
- To help clarify understanding of gender identity, gender expression/presentation, sex assigned at birth, sexual and romantic orientations.
- To explore topic of social construction of LGBTQ+ identities.
- To discover an understanding of heterosexism, homophobia, and transphobia.
- To learn about local LGBTQ+ resources and sources for continuing education.
9 to 11:30 a.m., Zoom
1 to 3:30 p.m., Olscamp 106
9 to 11:30a.m., Zoom
2:00 to 4:30 p.m., Olscamp 106