Safe Zone Training for Faculty
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 2:00pm
Olscamp Hall, 106
Olscamp Hall, Bowling Green, OH 43403
- Add to your calendar:
The Safe Zone workshop promotes awareness of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. The workshop provides education concerning LGBT issues and seeks to improve the environment for LGBT people. This workshop helps to build a support network of allies for the BGSU LGBT community.
Workshop goals and learning objectives include:
- To increase awareness of LGBTQ+ people and issues.
- To help build a visible support network of LGBTQ+ allies on BGSU's campus.
- To introduce working definitions of LGBTQ+ terminology, symbols, and flags and to clarify misconceptions.
- To help clarify understanding of gender identity, gender expression/presentation, sex assigned at birth,sexual and romantic orientations.
- To explore topic of social construction of LGBTQ+ identities.
- To discover an understanding of heterosexism, homophobia, and transphobia.
- To learn about local LGBTQ+ resources and sources for continuing education.
Register for a Safe Zone Training for Faculty.