St. Baldrick's Shave-a-Thon
Sunday, March 1 at 10:30am
Bowen-Thompson Student Union, 228
Bowen-Thompson Student Union 1001 E Wooster St , Bowling Green, OH 43402
- Add to your calendar:
This year will be BGSU's 8th annual St. Baldrick's Shave-a-Thon and it will also be a part of the Sibs N' Kids weekend activities. Every year the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) rallies BGSU students to raise money and shave their heads (or donate their ponytail) to the St. Baldrick's Foundation.
About The Event
- Professional barbers will do the shaving or cutting of the ponytails on a stage in front of everyone cheering the donors on!
- Speakers and performance groups will be scheduled throughout the day.
- Don't want to shave or cut your hair? No problem. NRHH will be happy to collect monetary donations at the event or their donation page. No donation is too small. We invite you to still swing by the event to watch the entertainment and cheer on those who are donating their hair.
- Want to donate a ponytail or shave? Hair donations go to Children with Hair Loss and colored or permed hair is accepted. You can review all of the donation guidelines on the Children with Hair Loss website.
- If you want to donate your hair, you will need to register on the event donation page and select 'Join Us'. From there, you will be able to register for the event and also receive additional tools and information.
- Sibs N' Kids Guests: If your sibling is under 18, a consent form must be filled out by their parent or legal guardian in order for their hair to be shaved or cut. If they do not have a form, they are welcome to participate by cheering on others donating their hair and watch the entertainment throughout the day.
About St. Baldrick's Foundation | The St. Baldrick’s Foundation is a charitable organization founded in 2000 to raise funding for childhood cancer research. Events are held at the local level where volunteers, sponsored by family and friends, raise money to shave their heads. By shaving their heads, these volunteers are standing in solidarity with children who often lose their hair as part of their cancer treatment.
Register individually or as a team to raise money, shave or donate your hair. Learn more about the event and past events.
You can also DONATE TODAY!