Veterinary Science Camp APPLY NOW
July 12th-16th, 2020
Do you have a passion for taking care of animals? Have you thought about becoming a veterinarian, technician, or zoo keeper? The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is here to help students discover what it takes to work in fields related to animal science, medicine, and more. This five-day program will allow students to explore research laboratories, gain insight from professionals in the field, and learn more about the profession of veterinary medicine.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Perform diagnostic tests including fecal floats, blood draws, and dissections.
- Complete veterinary case studies
- Go on a series of field trips including local farms and the Toledo Zoo
- Learn how to complete a physical exam
- Learn how to suture
- Interact and handle live animals
- Explore special interest fields of veterinary medicine from working professionals
- Explore how BGSU can prepare you for pursuing your passions
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to experience a career in veterinary science.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $595 dollars (camperships possible) covers all lodging, meals, transportation for field trips and take home materials such as a camp book bag, water bottle and t-shirt. The cost provides camp counselor and chaperone coverage (day/night) throughout the program.
How can I apply?
First, complete the full online form below so that we can learn more about you. Applicants will also have the opportunity to include an optional cover letter and an optional letter of reference. If you choose to have a reccommender submit a letter of reference please direct them to the following link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay for the duration of the camp as often times academic and camp programs will occur into the evening hours.